Poet and Educator Aviva Cristy (http://avivacristy.com/) tagged me for The Next Big Thing interviews. The Next Big Thing is the self-interview for writers on forthcoming/recent projects.
(1) What is the working title of the book?
(2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
I have been fascinated with questioning rules for the past two years. Where do they come from? Why do we think they are universal? Which ones are helpful to be universal, and which ones cause relationships to fail?
(3) What genre does the book fall under?
Literary Fiction / Novel.
(4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I think I’d want lesser-known actors who’d want to get to know characters.
(5) What is the one sentence synopsis for your book?
One man maintains his rules for life even though they are causing his world to fail him.
(6) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
(7) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I was reading a lot of Samuel Beckett when I started the notes for the first draft.
(8) What else about your book might pique a reader’s interest?
To pull the reader forward, a little girl goes missing, and the main character spends much of the book trying to find her.
(9) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
My hope is create a conversation with an agency, bookstores, and readers of literary fiction.